Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I almost died today!


Not from the riots going on in Mumbai and to a lesser extent Pune (for details on that see here, here and here) but from cardiac arrest at the gym.

Here's what happened - I headed up to the 'fitness center' earlier this evening. As I got off the elevator and looked in through the glass doors, I was immediately glad I was wearing my more attractive workout shorts as there was a beautiful woman running on the treadmill. Believe me when I say that this was the first woman who really 'caught my fancy' since arriving in India a month ago. So, in an effort to not look like an out of shape lazy ass, I got onto the elliptical machine and gave it everything I had for 40 minutes. It was about 20 minutes in when I realized I was an idiot due to the rather unattractive buckets of sweat pouring off of me, but by that point she and I were practically racing. She'd increase the intensity, look over and smile with an evil grin, so I would have to respond in the same manner. She was the one who started slowing down first, but I was the one who officially ended it by flopping off the machine and curling up on the ground in the fetal position (only more soggy than a feutus, if possible).

Needless to say, it's been a good night!

Oh and what the heck was that about me reviewing chocolate bars? I don't even eat chocolate bars in Canada. Friggin' weird.

I'll let everyone know when they should worry about me and the riots!

No comments: