Friday, September 19, 2008

Sasuage shouldn't taste like weiner

Hey kids,
I'd love to say my past few days have been a whirlwind of adventure, but alas, they've more been a whirlwind of work, migraines and crappy sausage.

That being said, last night I went up to the bar atop Torni (Torni means tower in Finnish - not the most awe inspiring name, but I digress) with my boss and a business associate (that sounds so mob-like). I've been up before, but it's a great view, and the wine is tasty! Afterwards we went to Suomi (Suomi means Finland in Finnish) and had some reindeer. Well two of us had reindeer, the vegetarian was out of luck on menu items but a special dish was created for him. I realized my carnivorousness has reached new heights when, with reindeer blood dripping down my chin, I felt pity for the vegetarian.

Again, however, I digress (I do that a lot). The whole point of this post is to make a complaint about Finnish sausage. For lunch today some colleagues and I went down to the caf. and I helped myself to two sausages (better that then the "fish melange" - salmon wrapped around an unidentified white fish). Turns out 'sausage' in Finland is similar to an overly large hot dog - uber processed and you know it's filled with more lips and anus' (anuses?) than regular sausage. Don't worry though, waste not, want not... I finished them off.

Tonight I'll be participating in Finnish culture the best way I know how - drinking :)

1 comment:

Donna Berry said...

the food posts are grosser than usual. keep up the good work!