Last weekend some coworkers took me to my very first Bollywood film. I mean, I've seen bits of them while flipping through the tv channels on a Sunday afternoon, but never seen one in its entirety. Everyone kept snickering about the whole experience beforehand. I gather Bollywood films are sort of a guilty pleasure here - few people will admit to love them, but everyone wants to see the lastest release. Also, I think they were expecting me to hate it. It wasn't until we were standing in line to get in that I found out they are usually around 3 hours long - and to be honest, I was a little concerned, based on the small portions I'd seen on tv!
It ended up being a pretty okay experience. The film we saw, Dostana, was incredibly homophobic & heterocentric which I have some major issues with, but on the good side it was filled with beautiful people (former Miss World, Priyanka Chopra), good scenery & clothes and lots of singing and dancing.
I managed to keep up pretty well with what was going on - there was some English spoken and anything major was whispered in one of my ears by my hosts.
My favourite part was afterwards, when we all discussed how hot the one lead guy was. mmm, he was yummy (yes, that was sarcasm). Gee, I love closets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just saw a report of terror attacks on the news (Mumbai)... and,well we old folks from Stoney Lake hope you stayed in your (literal)closet today! L&L
Dude...please post and tell us you're okay :)
Tricia
Post a Comment