Bangkok is an amazing city - one I will definitely be returning to. My trip there was quick - only 4 days, most of which was taken up by work (evenings too!). But, I did manage to see a few things.
When my work obligations were complete mid-Friday afternoon, my free time began with a Thai massage - which isn't so much of a massage, it's more about stretching & torture. Fortunately I had only booked for an hour (1 hour for around $10 and 2 for around $15). It felt relaxing afterwards, but I suspect it's not all that good for your joints and stuff.
Once I was nice and relaxed, I went with friends (well, co-workers, but they're friends too) to Khao San Road - a backpackers mecca in Bangkok. We looked around for a bit and found a good place with 2 for 1 cocktails. Since we had to get the same drink, and none of us could agree on what we wanted, we just started with two each - it was all downhill from there. We hit up another bar somewhere across town & proceeded on to dinner (see my previous post about the Middle Eastern restaurant). Dinner was late, so afterwards we could proceed right to the club.
The club wasn't really my style, but on the rooftop was an outdoor bar with comfy couches and specials on shots! By this time there were 5 of us, so we got the 'strike' - which consisted of 10 random shots (colours were yellow, blue, pink, clear, black, etc). We each had two (I lucked out with Jager & something grapefruity) and then we were really drunk! I have to admit, after the busy week I was starting to lose interest (especially since I had a 5:45 wake up call - and have learned that flying hungover is not fun) so I switched to water but stuck around :)
We ended up leaving the bar and heading to the Nana area which is apparently where you go if you're looking for 'companionship'. None of us were looking... we just wanted to see what it was like. All in all, it was pretty gross! Lots of old white dudes and young thai women (bio and not). We didn't last long.
From there we headed back to the hotel, I got about 2 hours of sleep and I was off to the airport!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment