Well, as some of you are aware, I am back in Helsinki after my stint in India. It's been quite the reintroduction into my 'normal' life. Friday night was our office Christmas party (I arrived 2.5 hours prior) and the night was a late one... and tons of fun!
Fortunately on Saturday I was in pretty good shape - decent enough to go out for dinner (a Turkish restaurant) and drinks with a few friends.
Sunday was my birthday... and what a party that was! My friends and I went to a Russian restaurant (not the same one as I went to last year) and I ate bear for dinner! As well as what seemed like 1,000's of other Russian foods (we got a giant appetizer platter). The bear was really good - very tender and not too gamey. The vodka, beer and wine also went down well! That night we also hit up two other bars. It was a very festive night all told. It's nice having friends here to celebrate with - it wouldn't have been as fun if I was still in India.
On Monday I felt old. Really really old. But today I'm back to my usual perky self. After work I grabbed dinner with some friends at what I am now going to consider my favourite casual Helsinki restaurant. Two days from now I'll be en route back to Toronto.
I'm glad to be out of India for now. It's nice to be in colder weather for a change (it just didn't seem like Christmas was coming) and it's really great to have a bit of a social life and be in a more pedestrian friendly city!
Thanks to those of you still reading my blog - I intend to keep posting, as I figure I'll still have interesting stories and whatnot to share (it appears I'll be heading back to India - and who knows where else) in the New Year. I'll try to post more regularly though to keep up the momentum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment