Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's almost over!

Well, I'm near the end - I leave tomorrow night for Helsinki. I've checked out of my hotel in Pune and I'm now in Navi Mumbai. For those of you worried (mom) - Navi Mumbai is rather far from south Mumbai (a 2-3 hour drive) and there's not much of a target up here. Also, security is crazy tight at hotels (my personal effects were searched - some of which I didn't really want to share with a security guard) so everything is fine.

I can't wait for bacon! And vegetables! And good food!

I'm looking forward to Helsinki - I'll be there for 6 days, including my birthday! I'll get to hang out with my Helsinki buddies, finish my Christmas shopping and get some work done.

Last Saturday night I went to a classical Indian music concert in Pune. There were about 20,000 people there! It was outdoors, which was nice except for all the traffic noise in the background. The music was amazing! Lots of percussion, but some vocals as well and a guitar type thing. Definitely one of the most interesting things I have done here... and I'll be looking for a cd of something similar which I'll share with anyone interested!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buy me finnish mustard! I like the stuff in tubes... red tube? I should write down the names of the ones I like... Woo. Mustard!